Featured post

Releasing July 30: Lost Station Circé

It's happened. It's here. After a nerve-wracking wait, I have a date.  Lost Station Circé , the second entry in my Cluster Cycle ser...

Sunday 14 July 2024

Updates, mid-2024 edition

Hi. So, this is a relatively quick post/update for how things are going, and my plans going forward. Also, I know there has been...a lot going in the past several days. In fact, just last evening something happened which is likely to push this post into the void. But damn it, I'm still gonna post this!

First things is that while the next entry in my Cluster Cycle series, Lost Station Circe, is still scheduled for July, there is still no date. My publisher Roan & Weatherford is snowed under with stuff at this moment, and doing their best to catch up. There was also some ID stuff that appears to be taking its sweet time. Hopefully I'll have the date ready and able to be released. It's basically ready. Also coming in the future are two interviews, one in the nearer future and one in a few months, which were a lot of fun to do. I'm also definitely booked to go to BristolCon again this year. Its first two-day event, which should be either fun, exhausting, or hopefully both.


In my personal life, I've been very busy with Open University studies, not putting all eggs into one basket, but also coping with some home difficulties related to illness and rediscovering my work-life balance after a prolonged period where multiple issues and illnesses were coming one on top of the other since roughly September 2023. A long time, to say the least. I also created a tier list video this week looking at the characters of my favourite video game series, Drakengard/Nier. That was fun, and is allowing me to get to grips with a new and much better open source editing software.

So, what to look forward to? Well, there are three more Cluster Cycle novels to come after Lost Station Circe, which given the current release timing should be coming over the next three years roughly. These are all provisional titles, but I can tell you this much about them.

* The Murderer's Burden (working title): A sci-fi detective novel inspired by the Golden Age authors of the genre.

* Sphear of Lament (working title): A first contact story with some H. G. Wells inspiration.

* Ancient Earth Explorers (working title): A concluding storyline, set against the backdrop of a gay romance.

I hope these leave you with some anticipation. Edits are still to be made on all three above, and as I've said the titles aren't final by any means. If you want to find out what happened before Lost Station Circe, then you can get the previous book Starborn Vendetta...anywhere that sells books.

No comments:

Post a Comment