Featured post

Reading - Starborn Vendetta

Apologies for the lateness on this blog, life was happening. Hi. This week, not a very big post. That will probably come later. Instead, a l...

Sunday 26 May 2019

Updates and thoughts on the future

So many things have happened in the past several months.

The death of a close relative... Yes, I think I can reveal it now. The death of my father last year, which has taken a long time to push past and we're just now really getting back to normal. At least I know now what death's like close to. In one way, great. In another, why did I have to learn it that way?

Helping look after my sister's new dog, a border collie with a gigantic amount of personality. Between four and five months old now. From teething straight to teenage angst, dog version.

Doing the third editing/proofing run of the sci-fi story that I finished last year. I've been getting heartily tired of it. It's only the lead that's carrying me through, as I've had to do adjustments so many times to keep things consistent that any feelings for the other characters have worn thin. I know I'll have to double-check some sections on a fourth run, and by then I predict I'll be completely and utterly sick of the whole thing. Fingers crossed it gets published. Authors do get sick of their own stories, don't they.

A new story started. An interesting story based around Japanese folklore. It's only three or four "chapters" away from completion. Several false starts alongside that.

Remember that story I mentioned in the last update based on "We Purchased People"? Well, I did show it off and it got lots of laughter and a round of applause at the reading event I took it to. I hope to get it published somewhere. If I can't manage that, you'll be able to read it here.

Generally, I think I've done remarkably well in regards to my writing given what I've had to cope with. This is also why some elements of my blogging have been flagging in places. I hope my readers will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment