Featured post

Reading - Starborn Vendetta

Apologies for the lateness on this blog, life was happening. Hi. This week, not a very big post. That will probably come later. Instead, a l...

Monday 9 May 2016

DRM woes

The terrible thing about not having this huge official network is that you can forget to check up on things like "should I enable DRM (Digital Rights Management)".

The terrible thing is, I should have remembered the whole business surrounding Ubisoft's use of it. It's a bit late to worry now. I've put out the first volume of my book... with DRM enabled. Goodness knowns what that's done to my potential readership. Maybe cut it in half or something silly like that.

I don't know whether my chosen sites are going to apply those settings to every book I publish (they'd better not!). If I have the option, I'll probably not use DRM for any more of my books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment