Featured post

Reading - Starborn Vendetta

Apologies for the lateness on this blog, life was happening. Hi. This week, not a very big post. That will probably come later. Instead, a l...

Friday 20 May 2016

This Week: From Under the Pall

This week was a strange week for me. After two weeks of being a jittery, uncomfortable wreck due to worrying about whether my book will be a success or not, I came out from under the pall with renewed vigor. This also means that my writing is getting back to normal. I really can't write properly when I'm stressed, or when I've been unbalanced by something silly like the wrong thing in my diet. Thankfully, most of the time I keep myself fit for writing, and fit for plenty of other things when I'm away from my desk.

Something else that preoccupied me was working on a Wikipedia article....from scratch....with a byte count of 85,844.....expanding from my initial estimation to be three times its size and gather together 131 references for it. Thankfully, other editors are handling it now. I have no further obligation to the article, and I've left it into a state that's going to make it easy for them.

Watched the 1990 film adaptation of "Cyrano de Bergerac" yesterday. I'd forgotten how emotionally powerful it was. Also listened to a radio adaptation of "Virgin in the Ice". Books I'm reading at the moment include a borrowed translation of Sakuteiki, and a book on the history and evolution of Biblical scripture by Karen Armstrong. The latter book is part of my research for my in-progress dark fantasy novel (with the emphasis on fantasy being quite low).

That's all really. It's been a fairly peaceful week, barring yesterday when I set out for some AONB work (unfortunately, rough terrain, poor weather and other circumstances stopped play).

No comments:

Post a Comment